We’re Counting Down to Decision Day with 20 Reasons to Choose the University of New Haven, and Giving Away Great Prizes to Celebrate!
- There will be four (4) total prizes awarded:
- Three (3) $250 gift certificates to the University of New Haven Bookstore will be awarded to entrants based on contest form entries on each day’s “reason” page.
- One (1) $250 gift certificate to the University of New Haven Bookstore will be awarded to an entrant based on submission to our photo contest.
- Entrants must be an accepted or deposited student for Fall 2017 to enter the contest. You do not need to have made your deposit yet to enter the contest.
- However, winners must be a deposited student to claim the prize at their SOAR (orientation) session this summer.
- In the event that a winner ultimately chooses not to attend the University of New Haven, we will re-draw that prize to find an alternate winner who is attending the University of New Haven this fall.
How to Enter the Daily “Reason” Contest
- Check out our Undergraduate Admissions Facebook page – each night at 8:21 p.m. ET (20:21, get it?). We’ll share a photo depicting one of 20 Reasons to Choose the University of New Haven, along with a link to the “Reason of the Day.”
- The contest entry form will be placed inside one “reason” per day, every day, from Tuesday, April 11 through Sunday, April 30 (the night before National Decision Day).
- Entry form will go live at 8:21 p.m. each night and will stay open on that “reason” page until the next image shows up on Faecbook the following night.
- The winners will be selected on Monday, April 17; Monday, April 24; and Monday, May 1. After confirmation, winners names will be posted to this page.
How to Enter the Photo Sharing Contest
In your acceptance package, you received a poster with #ChargerNation emblazoned on it. You may also have some other University of New Haven or Chargers swag. Or, you can make something up. We want to see the most creative and fun photos of you showing off your pride in your future school.
- Earn one entry per person, per day, in our photo contest, by submitting a unique University of New Haven-themed photo via the entry methods listed below.
- You can submit a different University of New Haven-themed photo each day throughout the contest period, from Tuesday, April 11 through Sunday, May 14.
- The photos will be used by our undergraduate admissions and University marketing teams to help show some of the faces that have chosen to become part of the #ChargerNation family in fall 2017. The photos may appear in viewbooks, on our social media accounts, on our website – or all of those!
- Get creative! Invite your friends and family to help share in your joy over Choosing the University of New Haven! (To enter the photo sharing contest, you should obtain the permission of everyone in the photo so that we can use it in future marketing materials.)
- The winner of the photo sharing contest will be announced Sunday, May 21.
- There are a variety of ways you can enter your photo:
- If you’re on a computer, you can attach it to your “Reason” entry via the form on that night’s “Reason” page form (while you’re entering the nightly contest).
- You can also send the photo to us via email.
- Post the photo (publicly) to our Undergraduate Admissions Facebook or Instagram using the hashtags #ChargerNation and #PhotoContest (and whatever else you want to say)
- Tweet the photo at our Twitter account
Weekly “Reasons” Contest Winners – $250 Bookstore Gift Certificate
- Week 1 (April 11-17) –
- Week 2 (April 18-24) –
- Week 3 (April 25 – May 1) –
Photo Share Contest Winner – $250 Bookstore Gift Certificate
- April 11 – May 15, selected May 21 –